Hope Church is a Reformed Baptist Church. We believe that we are called to proclaim and to live out the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ in Huddersfield. We aim to bring Glory to God by working to see lives won for Christ, taught and equipped by biblical teaching for Christian maturity, and serving in Hope and in other churches, as well as in other Gospel-loving churches which we aim to plant in and beyond our town.
1. Worship God together – our deepest shared identity as Christians is a desire to worship God, in praise, prayer and learning from His Word together.
2. Equip Believers
– growth in Christlikeness and in service for Him is the hallmark of Christians. We aim to help each other to grow in grace and in our expression of ministry gifts.
3. Preach the Gospel to the Lost – we long to see people transformed by the saving grace of God. We are committed to bringing the Gospel to Huddersfield.
4. Serve the Town – we want to be living expressions of the love we have received from God in Christ through works of kindness in our town. We want people to see the compassion of God for them.
5. Plant Churches – the Gospel must be lived out by Gospel communities living in their own local communities. We plan to plant local churches around the town.
6. Resource International Mission – we have resources of people and skills which we will commit to the service of God’s Kingdom across the world.
1. Ministry – Confidence in the Word of God, and belief in the power of Prayer. We believe in simplicity in Christian worship, and the central place of preaching and prayer as God’s means of saving the lost and equipping believers for service.
2. Church Family
– Relationships are central. We are far more enthusiastic about people than we are about our programmes.
3. Local Community – Welcoming all sectors, reaching locals and students. We are a Town Centre church, called to bring the Gospel to the people who live, work and study in the town.
4. Wider Focus – We aim to cooperate with other local churches, and are serious about international mission. We must be continually looking beyond ourselves, seeking to work with other local churches, and focused on the needs of mission beyond us.