Associate Pastor Role
With responsibility for children, youth and families
Hope Church Huddersfield (HCH) was planted 8 years ago and is a diverse and growing evangelical church which meets in the centre of an historic northern town.
We are looking to appoint an Associate Pastor with ministry experience to join the Eldership at HCH. The key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Preaching and leading worship services alongside the Senior Pastor.
- Contributing to the development of the church’s vision and the implementation of strategic plans in partnership with the Senior Pastor and the lay Elders.
- Leading and developing the church’s ministry for children, youth and families.
- Mentoring, discipling and providing pastoral care to the church family.
To request a full job description and an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like any more information about the position please contact Lewis Allen, Senior Pastor on 07974 041585.
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd November.
Apprenticeship Scheme 2020-21
- The Opportunity – At Hope we firmly believe that the place for Christians to mature in faith and gifts is in supportive relationships in the local church. Ministry involvement in the church is also the best context for anyone to test out whether the Lord might be calling them to a particular future ministry. We have experience of providing apprenticeships, and are offering the opportunity for young adults to spend one year with us as apprentices, with the possibility of an extension to two years.
- The Church – Hope Church is a Reformed Baptist Church in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, and is a member church of the FIEC (Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches). We began life in 2011, and are seeking to reach out with the Gospel in a vibrant and diverse town. We are a church of two Pastors served by two other Elders and three Deacons. All at Hope are encouraged to discover and share their ministry gifts.
- The Person – Our preferred applicant is a Christian who already has a level of spiritual maturity, and an enthusiasm to grow in understanding and Christian character. Our apprentices will explore and develop their gifts for ministry, and need to have a heart to serve in the life of the church.
What the apprenticeship involves
- Growth in Grace – We want to help you to grow in grace, and you will be mentored so that you can grow in your faith, understanding of the Gospel, commitment to the Lord’s work, and development of Christian character.
- Growth in Understanding – We run a ministry training course, providing teaching on the Bible and Theology. Mentoring for study is provided, and written work is set and marked. In addition, apprentices will read and study books with the church’s Pastors, and will be members of our theology reading group.
- Growth in Ministry Gifting – We will give you opportunities to serve which match your gifts, be they in town centre outreach, internationals, youth and children, or student work.
- Growth for the Future – Not all Apprentices will be called by God into full-time Christian ministry, but all believers are called to grow and serve. Whatever their future avenue of service, we want those who serve as Apprentices here at Hope to count their training with us as a real investment for a fruitful life of service.
- Growing as a member of a loving, growing church family – We believe that the local church us at the centre of God’s plans for the world. Hope is a community where people belong, learn and serve together. We want to give our Apprentices the very best involvement with us as part of a diverse and enthusiastic church.
To request a full details and an application pack please email email@example.com.