Saturday 14th October from 9.15am-4.30pm in Bradford.
The cost for the day is £20 / £12 concessions.
There will be 2 teaching sessions from Agnes Brough plus a choice of 4 seminars. Please see Sarah for more info and to book a place.
More information about this event can be found here: http://www.christianconventions.org.uk/nwc/
Seminar options include:
- How To: Reading the Bible with Children 12pmWe want our children to grow up knowing and loving Jesus through his word, but how can we best encourage them in this? How do things change as children get older – or just for different kinds of children? Come and hear a panel of women discussing their own experiences in reading the Bible with children, and reflecting on the highs and lows of this challenging task.
Catherine Cooper and panel
- Reaching Women in a Feminist World 12pmWe know that God is good for women but the bible can seem out of step with todays independent woman. How can we communicate the enormity of God’s love for women to those who think the bible is sexist?
- Longings and Lament 12pmUnderstanding our experience of emptiness and learning to treasure Christ in the void.
- Teenage Stream – Following Jesus: How to Choose His Way 12pmGoing to school, moving onto college, making friends, keeping friends, Instagramming through life…and there’s so much more to being a teenager. Come and explore with other teenagers what it means to follow Jesus and think through what that looks like as we live out our faith in every aspect of our lives.
- How To: Leading Evangelistic 121s 2pm
Opening up the Bible with Unbelievers – In our biblically illiterate society, most people wouldn’t turn to the Bible to work out what they think about God, life and where we are all headed. Come and see how to read the Bible with an unbeliever and so see God wonderfully work through His word.
- Reaching The Unreached People of the World 2pmThere is plenty to do: 2.8 billion people remain not just lost but, unless someone goes to tell them, the likelihood is that they will live and die without ever hearing the Good News in a way that they can understand. Pamela will talk about the work of Platform 67 which seeks to equip, encourage and enable excellent, locally-led, Gospel work by those already on the frontlines and help us learn what part we can play in world mission.
- The Joy Set Before us 2pmWe deprive ourselves of comfort and help when we avoid thinking about death and eternity. Christians have nothing to fear and MUCH to look forward to – so let’s do our souls good and dig into the encouragement of Scripture and look up and look ahead. This seminar will help us to look forward to the new creation – filling our minds and hearts with the joy set before us to strengthen us to run the race before us.